Currently No Closures. No Delays. We’re Here for You
At Eagle, we have been closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and are taking it very seriously. We’re working with our team of experts along with external organizations to ensure maximum precautions are implemented towards preventing the spread of the virus. As the pandemic is rapidly evolving, Eagle is committed to doing our part in reviewing information daily and making any necessary adjustments in response.
We as a laboratory intend to stay open during regular business hours, and to continue testing products so that your patients receive the medications they need. We do not currently anticipate any delays; however if changes occur, we will communicate promptly through our website, email, and on our social media channels.
Incoming Samples and Deliveries
Our facility and internal procedures have been designed to minimize the risk of contamination throughout the sample processing lifecycle. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): “In general, because of poor survivability of coronaviruses on surfaces, there is likely very low risk of spread from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures. Coronaviruses are generally thought to be spread most often by respiratory droplets.” (Follow this link for additional information on the CDC website.) All incoming shipping containers received at our facility are processed in accordance with operating procedures designed for contamination control.
Our existing policies and procedures were designed to ensure maximum precautions are taken to keep our facility free from external contamination. We’ve implemented additional measures to safeguard our facility and our team members.
- At Eagle, staff members demonstrating symptoms of illness are always required to stay home until they are free of symptoms for at least 24 hours.
- Eagle Employees regularly sanitize their hands and our facility is equipped with hand sanitizer units for easy access to all staff members.
- Additional cleaning and disinfection procedures have been implemented to further enhance our already rigorous daily methods for disinfection.
- We have limited travel solely to critical business that is required in direct relation to ensuring patient safety.
We are committed to doing our best in providing our services to you at this crucial time where need for medical care is rapidly increasing. We’re confident that our facilities as well as our team members are secure, and will continue to be here to help you in any way we can.
Have Questions about COVID-19? Ask our Scientists!
If you have a question, or if you have a fear concerning the novel coronavirus, sometimes the comfort to ask somebody can be reassuring, and can assist to consolidate the information, which is already available through various channels including the CDC, NIH, FDA, State and local governments. We invite you to submit your questions through our Coronavirus Fact Check Form. Our team of scientists will publish answers to these questions, and provide scientifically researched answers every Friday through video, and on our website.
- Shhh! Study Shows Talking May Spread COVID-19 - May 29, 2020
- FDA Updates Guidance On Adverse Reporting During a Pandemic - May 21, 2020
- What It Means When Your Sample is Out-Of-Specification - May 20, 2020