Morphine Sulfate & Epinephrine added to COVID-19 Compounding List
FDA has updated two guidance documents that describe temporary policies for the compounding of certain human drugs during the COVID-19 public health emergency. The updates add morphine sulfate and epinephrine to the list of drugs covered by the guidance documents that are being issued to address shortages and access concerns affecting some drugs urgently needed for hospitalized COVID-19 patients. Below are the links to the updated guidance documents:
- Temporary Policy for Compounding of Certain Drugs for Hospitalized Patients by Outsourcing Facilities During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- Temporary Policy for Compounding of Certain Drugs for Hospitalized Patients by Pharmacy Compounders not Registered as Outsourcing Facilities During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency Guidance for Industry
Tune in to this week’s episode of Eagle TV, where Dr. David Hussong will discuss this update, and much more.
Have questions? Our experts are here to help. Fill out “Fact Check Form” for answers to this or any other subject related to health & science including COVID-19. Our scientific experts are committed to providing answers to help you in navigating these challenging times.
Who We Are
Eagle consultants and scientists are helping compounding facilities implement successful quality systems. Our team has over 200 years of combined experience in the FDA-regulated pharmaceutical industry and can provide guidance in establishing the systems and processes that will help facilities producing compounded medications meet and exceed regulatory expectations. Follow the link below to learn more about our consulting services.
- Eagle Virtual Compliance Seminar – Edutainment at its Best - October 14, 2020
- EagleTrax Updates Coming Soon - October 14, 2020
- USA May Have Had COVID-19 Cases Earlier Than We Think - September 24, 2020